Obamas breach of protocol is of a piece with the substance of his foreign policy. He means to teach Americans to bow before monarchs and tyrants. He embodies the ideological multiculturalism that sets the United States on the same plane as other regimes based on tribal privilege and royal bloodlines. He gives expressive form to the idea that the United States now willingly prostrates itself before the rest of the world. He declares that the United States is a country like any other, only worse, because we have so much for which to apologize.
Maybe its time for Valerie Jarrett to speak truth to bower.
I suspect the poor Emperor was so shocked by the faux pas that he just pretended it didnt happen. That is one way Japanese people deal with breaches of etiquette, especially from the powerful, who are also ignorant. But the end result is that Obama has been snubbed royally. Imperially, in fact.
All in all, a disgrace. The only redeeming feature is that at least he did not bow his head and bend his knee, as he did with the Saudi monarch.
In any case, Obama claims that his youthful encounters with Asia make him “America’s first Pacific President.” What of William Howard Taft, who served his nation from 1901 to 1903 as the first civilian Governor-General of the Philippines, with great dedication and considerable success? And what of John F. Kennedy and George H. W. Bush, who, four decades later, served their country in the Pacific Theater with great distinction. Don’t they qualifymore than Barack Obamaas “Pacific Presidents?”
But then again, none of them bowed to emperors.
Lets hope he bends over this easily in 2012 so we can kick his sorry azz out of the WH where it never belonged in the first place. Hail the boy media king obsessed with his image and determined to destroy the countrys economy just as the media all but destroyed its culture before hand. By 2012, itll be well past time to take it back and we can get a good start on it in 2010. Be sure to remember that! Dont get mad, get engaged in our political process. If O-Bow-Now cant stand up for America, it falls to us to do it. No one else can, or will.
This is expected of a gutless wonder, a child king with big talk but little action. A fooking disgrace to Americans everywhere he treads.
Another Black Conservative, Bow Wow! Obama Bows Again.
* Atlas Shrugs, Obowa: Another Country, Another Deep Bow.
* Berman Post, Obama Bows to The Emperor of Japan.
* The Blog Prof, Video: Obama Drops Yet Another Contact Lens in Front of Royalty.
* Chicks on the Right, Inappropriate.
* Confederate Yankee, O-Bow-Ma.
* Don Surber, Obama, Bow Wow Wow.
* Faustas Blog, Say No to the Bow.
* Hot Air, Obamateurism of the Day.
* Hot Air Pundit, Video: Obama Bows To The Emperor Of Japan.
* Left Coast Rebel, Obama Bowing to Japan Emperor AkihitoPresident O-Bow to Anyone.
* Maggies Farm, Life Imitates Satire.
* Neo-Neocon, Obama: “Ashamed of His Country but Arrogant About Himself”.
* Nice Deb, Obama Bows Yet Again.
* Protein Wisdom, Obama “Bows Deeply” UPDATED: Attention Leftists!.
* Ruby Slippers, Take a Bow Barack.
* Sandra Rose, OBAMA BOWS DOWN AGAIN.
* Snoopers Report, The Bowing Moron In the Marxist HouseHes An ASSHAT.
* Sister Toldjah, I Guess This Wasn’t Really a “Bow” Either, Eh, Mr. President?
*Sweetness and Light, Obama Bows Again – Japanese Emperor.
Definitely doesnt pass the Reagan smell test: